Sunday, September 9, 2012

Birthday Dinner

Yet another birthday is on the horizon, that of my darling Ross. 

As one can assume, he just "doesn't care" what we do for his birthday.  Let me brief you on our recent conversation about his birthday plans:

Me: Do you want to go to Café Thirty-A for your birthday dinner?
Ross: Sure.
Me: OMG, I'm drooling over their menu. So excited.
Oh wait, your birthday is the day you get back from Surf Expo {in Orlando, a 6 hour drive}. Are you going to want a home-cooked meal after dining out all week?
Ross: Yeah, let's eat at home.
Me: What do you want?
Ross: Chicken tacos or bbq.
Me: Key Lime Pie or birthday cake?
Ross: Key Lime Pie or a combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
Me: {...?...} Okay!

With that in mind, here's the menu I came up with for Ross' birthday dinner:
{You're all invited, of course.}

Home Made Guacamole

photo & recipe courtesy of Scarletta Bakes


photo & recipe courtesy of Annie Eats {I add lots of spices to my version, recipe to come...}

photo & recipe courtesy of the eclectic cook {still debating whether to use her recipe or Emeril's}
Dinner's on tonight around 7:30pm. Wish me luck!

P.S. Click here to read about Ross' birthday last year {well, mostly about his birthday cake and the debacle that ensued during my race against the clock.}

P.P.S. Happy early birthday to my BFF Sarah Bush, who I had the luxury of visiting with last weekend. Hope your day is as fabulous as you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover