Thursday, September 13, 2012

Currently Obsessed: Overnight Oatmeal

It's cold, it's creamy and it's low maintenance. What more could you possibly want in a breakfast item?

Combine 1 cup rolled oats with 1 cup of milk {any kind; I used 1% but I bet it would be ah-mazing with almond milk} and a teeny splash of vanilla extract.  Give it a stir then cover and place in the refrigerator to chill overnight.

While you're busy resting those eyes and getting at least 8 precious hours of beauty sleep, the oatmeal will be absorbing the milk and vanilla, turning the perfect consistency just before you wake. When you're ready to eat the following morning, top with agave nectar or honey, a few tablespoons of nuts and your favorite fruit. 

Note: It actually took me two mornings to go through this amount because it was so filling. {Who knew a bowl of oatmeal could be so satisfying?} I haven't kept it any longer than two days so I'm not sure how long it will keep in the refrigerator. My guess is no more than a few days.


Go ahead, give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover