Monday, January 9, 2012

Papalote Lovin'

When Papalote opened in Austin earlier this year, I stopped by to check out the menu. It was really intimidating, so I panicked and left. There was a lot going on and tons of items I hadn't heard of. I felt like a complete taco novice.

Needless to say, it took me a while to return.

Months later I decided to give it another try... and oh. my gosh. Of the 50+ taco trailers and restaurants in Austin, this one was really impressive. Although the menu is a bit much, anyone working in there is happy to point out their favorites. In my opinion it's always a good idea to follow an employee's opinion if you don't know what to get anyway.

Now for the important part, we started with the Chile con Queso... heaven. I got the Puerco con Verdolagas and the Tortas de Coliflor, Ross ordered the Pescado las Brasas and the Pastor.


Our meals were brought to the table with two bottles of salsa, a roja and a verde. The bottles were labeled with which employee made the salsa and the date it was made! That completely won me over. Until I ate my food, and cauliflower became my new favorite taco ingredient (weird, I know).

Aaaand Ross made a happy plate. I polished off my Tortas de Coliflor and only had about 2 bites of my Puerco con Verdolagas because I was so full, which Ross kindly cleared out for me. Such a team player, that one.

Did I mention these tacos are $3.25 a piece? For authentic mexican food.. jackpot.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover