Monday, September 12, 2011

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

For his birthday, the only request Ross made was for a cookie cake. Now, I made a cookie cake last year and somehow managed to make it look completely decent. Fast forward to this year, it was a mess.

Have you ever followed a recipe to a "T", only for it to produce an embarrassing and unattractive finished product? See exhibit A:


So this was Ross's cookie cake as of 4:30pm on Friday, birthday party kicking off at 7:30pm. I had it stuck in my head that a cookie cake was literally a large cookie, courtesy of The Great American Cookie Co. (located at a mall near you).

As you know, I've become quite the food blogger...and that cake was just not going to cut it. So I searched Google.com fast and furiously until I found a recipe that required only ingredients found in my pantry (I still had to shower, clean, and cook dinner, after all).

Thanks to That's So Yummy and this enticing image:

I realized there was hope after all. Just one hour later my cookie CAKE was out of the oven. Leaving a few hours for it to cool.

The cookie cake spent the first half of the party cooling (incognito) at Katie's house. I ran over to dress this pretty little cake in 5 minutes flat with cream cheese icing (cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and lime zest), blueberries, and strawberries.


Clearly it was delicious. My only complaint is that it was a little too chocolately. Okay, maybe a lot chocolately. Here's assuming it was completely my fault because I used bitter-sweet chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet, as the recipe called for.


Either way, it was devoured quickly and Ross was one happy camper.


Happy Birthday Ross!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover