Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oh, Pasta...

...how I love thee.

Seriously, I love pasta entirely too much. I crave it constantly, have no self control when near, and cook it at least once a week.

On Sunday I was browsing through the November issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine (guilty). She featured a few recipes on one of my favorites super foods: kale. When I saw that she combined it with pasta, I ran out to the store to pick up the remaining components.

Kale & Sausage Ragu: (adapted only slightly)
1 lb rigatoni
1/2 lb spicy italian sausage
1 cup chopped white onion
3 cloves chopped garlic
1 large bunch of kale, stems removed
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup parmesan
1 lemon


Cook pasta & drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water. Brown sausage and reserve. In the same pan, cook onions and garlic 2 minutes. Add kale, white wine, and 1 cup of water. Simmer 15 minutes. Stir in pasta, 1 tbsp lemon juice, sausage, cheese, and 3/4 cup cooking water. Top with extra cheese & lemon zest, or serve as is.

See? Pasta can be healthy!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover