Saturday, November 17, 2012

Detox Soup

I don't know about you guys, but when someone asks if I'd like to go out to eat for a meal the answer is always yes.

This has become quite a problem as of late, what with traveling every other weekend and business functions sprinkled in between.  I've begun hitting the snooze button more and more each day, feeling sluggish every afternoon and finding every excuse for a quick catnap.  

It. Has. To. Stop.

As much as I love indulging in the finer things {and the utterly ordinary, such as my main squeeze Cracker Barrel - don't ask questions}, it's time for me to come to terms with the fact that eating sodium heavy and fat laden foods at various restaurants daily does not have a positive affect on my health.

In order to redeem myself I made one large batch of Skinny Detox Soup, courtesy of Skinny Mom, which helped get me back on track.


{Note: I cut the recipe in half and added a teaspoon or so of turmeric and a few shakes of cayenne pepper. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't follow recipes!}

Fingers crossed that I can hop right back on the healthy bandwagon. And just in time for the holidays, when we all {or is it just me?} become just a wee bit too indulgent.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover