Monday, August 22, 2011

Teenage Wasteland

Would you believe me if I said I could, at one point, eat an extra long chili cheese coney with a side of mozzarella sticks and a peanut butter milkshake for an afternoon snack?

It does not stop there.
  • I drank a few gallons of fully-loaded, sugar laden sweet tea weekly.
  • At one point we had an entire cow in our deep-freezer. I'm not joking.
  • What about french fries dipped in a frosty? Oh, with a side of chicken nuggets.
  • I can say with 100% honestly that I ate fruit about once a month in college. My junior year in particular I only ate oranges if my roommate peeled them for me.
  • If you have not had a Hershey's Chocolate Pie from Burger King, you haven't lived.
But furthermore, why does the lemon in the McDonald's commercial have to be so damn cute? And why do Popeye's commercials tug at my nostalgia for the south? I can see the ease of getting sucked back in.

Fortunately, I value my life and have moved on from those unfortunate habits. I can't say that I'm the healthiest eater, but I've definitely improved. My vices now consist of too much coffee, a pasta addiction, and my daily breakfast taco (homemade!). But as long as I'm making it, I know exactly what's going in it. Far from perfect, but I think it's safe to say I'll live to see another day.


I hope to God no one can relate to this post.
It definitely took a few years off my life.


Save your life: Try homemade breakfast tacos instead of driving through McDonald's on your way to work or warming up leftover pizza.

What you'll need: (one serving)
1 Flour or Corn tortilla
1 Egg
1-2 tbsp of any of the following (optional): onion, bell pepper, cilantro, potato (pre-baked)
2 Dashes of Hot Sauce (my favorite is Cholula)
Salsa (no recommendations here because I've never met a salsa I didn't like)

What to do:
Heat frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.

If using bell pepper or onion, throw in frying pan for one minute. Crack egg into pan, splash with hot sauce. Scramble until egg is fully cooked, this should take a minute or two.

Heat tortilla in microwave for 30 seconds. Pour your scrambled egg mixture into tortilla, top with salsa.

Even better, wrap it in foil and it's now portable!

Fatty4Life,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover