Friday, August 12, 2011

Inspired Caprese Salad

Another refreshing summer recipe...

I was so inspired by these caprese skewers I found on Pinterest. I love mini foods. Unfortunately, I do not have those precious serving bowls and probably never will. But, we do have TONS of basil growing in our garden so I thought I would give it a try and throw my own spin on it.

You'll need:

Fresh basil leaves
Cherry tomatoes
Mozzarella balls
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Salt
Pepper


I picked some basil from our mini garden.


Make sure that when you pick the basil off the stem, keep the leaves whole. It will play a vital role in the presentation of these Caprese bites. Cut mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes in half. Face the freshly cut ends of the tomato and mozzarella towards each other. With a toothpick, skewer the tomato and cheese. Gently skewer the whole basil leaf on the bottom of the tomato. Throw your skewers in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Lightly salt and pepper the skewers, then place in the fridge to marinate. Take them with you to a brunch, potluck, or picnic! You'll make everyone drool.



Enjoy,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover